This guide will help you find and defeat the Arge Cyclops in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. The article includes a video procedure (on Difficulty Difficulty) as well as a written description of the giant’s abilities, tactics on how to kill him as well as all the rewards and achievements for completing the quest.
Arges – the Bright One was added to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for free with the January 2019 update. This is a single elimination boss encounter that offers unique legendary rewards, a feat and a standard Quest Xp and Drachmae.
How to Find Arges – The Bright One
Arges is located on the easternmost part of the volcanic islands – Nisiros. It is located east of Anaphi and north of Pephka. You do not need to repeat the quest to go to the closed arena, where Cyclops Arges is located.
Once in the area, the quest will ask you to activate it and will automatically be returned to you if you don’t already have it.
It is a high level meeting. I don’t know what the minimum is recommended, but I wouldn’t advise you on fighting Arges in trouble until you are far out in the game or even done.
Unlike Steropes, Arges is more powerful and has a good arsenal of special abilities. More on this in the next section.
How to defeat Arges – the brilliant
Ranged Constructions make this fight easier, but you can really do it with any construction. However, arrows are extremely useful. In the above walkthrough, I use a heavy warrior / melee construction with a 2-handed weapon.
Once you sneak through the crack in the wall, the Cyclops will be on your right. It is actually inside a small cave. Before the real fight begins, you have a few seconds to bring up some buffs and prepare for combat. You can even shoot him several times.
Tip: use the death arrows if you have them. Aim for the eye of the cyclops. A well-aimed shot will trip him to the ground, giving you more time to hit him before he gets up.
Arges has some key special attacks. I have described them all below for your convenience. Most of them are easy to avoid or cancel.
The surroundings of Lava
You are at the bottom of a volcano. Lava is everywhere and if you walk on it, even for a second, you will get a burning effect on yourself. As usual, the easiest way to get rid of ticking damage over time, roll in any direction.
Hit and hit the ground
Arges begins to trample the ground with his legs. This causes spots of lava to appear on your character’s feet. To avoid the attack, simply keep moving and preferably stay away from the boss during this session to avoid complications.
The red spots will disappear soon after the session ends and you can use the whole area again to navigate. Remember: it is essential to keep moving to succeed in this fight.
When you see Arges put his right hand in front of his eyes, know that the Cyclops is preparing to run towards you. This attack is very dangerous and can shoot you if you don’t avoid or cancel it. Fortunately, you can easily prevent him from reaching you by aiming and carefully hitting his eye. This will cause the giant to fall to the ground for a few seconds. While Arges is on the ground, hit him with everything you have.
50% mild rabies
At around half of his health, Arges will get angry. From then on, his attacks will be faster, stronger and more frequent. It also starts throwing fireballs at you.
Just when Arges drops below 50% of his health, he will gain a new special ability – throw you fireballs. These can cause you a blow to great hardship. To avoid the blow, take some distance when you see the Cyclops preparing to launch you, watch where it aims and launches, then simply dodge away from this place.
Simple Tips on How to Defeat Arges – The Bright One
- Stay on the move. Use ranged abilities. Bring powerful arrows, even if you’re not using a Hunter version.
- Aim for the eye / head of the cyclops. Precise shots will drop him to the ground.
- Hit Arges in the eye with an arrow when he rushes towards you. This will immediately drop the boss onto the ground, giving you enough time to hit it hard.
- Beware of your surroundings. The lava on the ground is very deadly. If you get an engraving effect, launch it to cancel it.
- Hunter versions are useful, but any version will work in experienced hands. My favorite is the heavy two-handed melee warrior with the huge Minotaur ax.
- Arges is a unique boss to kill. If you have trouble defeating it, gain more levels, upgrade your equipment and come back. He will always be there, waiting for you.
- Keep your distance. Learn the patterns of his attacks. A wrong move on a higher difficulty level can cause you to reload. Arges is very strong, but also very predictable and slow.
Rewards for completing the Cyclops Arges bonus mission
Completing the mission means killing the Cyclops. It will also grant you the following:
- Achievement: Volcanic Sunscreen Achievement
- Legendary engraving: + 25% elemental damage but -25% physical damage
- Weapon: Hephaestus’ Hammer