Ubisoft has released the patch notes for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Valhalla game update. Patch 1.1.1 is released today January 14 and is filled with bug fixes, quality of life improvements, rebalance adjustments and more. Let’s see the changes!
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.1.1 will arrive today January 14 for all gaming platforms. The patch will be available at 1:00 p.m. CET | 7:00 am ET | 4 a.m. PT | 11 p.m. AEDT. Each platform will have a different size patch to download. Here’s a quick list:
- Xbox Series X | S: approximately 7.5 GB
- Xbox One: approximately 6.6 GB
- PlayStation®5: ~ 2 GB
- PlayStation®4: 2-3 GB (depending on region)
- PC: approximately 6.45 GB
AC Valhalla 1.1.1 Highlights of significant changes
Ubisoft Connect achievements are part of the game. Ubisoft has added support for its collective platform achievements in the game. Now when you do something that unlocks or completes an achievement, you will see a pop-up notification in the game for that.
Ubisoft Connect is Ubisoft’s service that attempts to unite all of the studio’s games across all platforms in a single ecosystem. It’s free and you can access it and find out more about it iv you visit https://ubisoftconnect.com. To log in you will need a Ubisoft account.
If you are not sure what it is, you might know or remember Ubisoft Connect on PC. Last October, the platform changed its name and is now called Ubisoft Connect.
For me personally, one of the most annoying things is when I see objects around me for picking, but my rations and my arrows are full. I like to put everything together and sometimes (often * cough *) I press to pick up an object without realizing that I am full. This issue is now resolved and the white dots for items will only show if you really need them. This is true for rations, adrenaline herbs, and arrows.
Speaking of arrows, the count will no longer sometimes get stuck at the number 12. And Ubisoft also addressed the visibility issue when using a Searing or Poison Arrow with a Hunter Bow.
The system has become smarter and if it detects that a daily quest you have cannot be completed or restarted, it will be reactivated at the informant. We hope this fixes any bugs and issues you may have encountered with the dailies.
One of my favorites Abilities in AC Valhalla rebalances itself. The Harpoon Impalement was incredibly powerful and almost has a hit with most enemies you encounter. Its initial damage on contact is now changed. I’m not sure what that means yet, but since the damage was so incredibly high, I expect it to be nerfed. In fact, we all thought it would be nerve-racking and I would be seriously surprised if its damage was even more severe than it is today.
On the topic of skills and abilities, Ubisoft has addressed a number of issues with them in this patch. Man’s Best Friend will now always be properly unlocked after completing the quest “A Little Problem”.
Mentor set has always been my favorite from day one. And if you have checked my Assassin’s Creed armor sets list of guides, you know I’ve put them all together and tested them thoroughly. The Mentor set had a rare bug where its first set bonus would not activate even if you have enough items equipped. This should also be fixed now.
A number of boss encounters and quests are also being fixed. Missions where you get stuck and unable to progress, bosses that sometimes get stuck in one place or stop functioning as they should, NPCs who don’t speak to you or suddenly disappear.
Several fixes are introduced for your payment as well as. NPCs that cannot be interacted with, Bjorn now appears on your ship, the black screen you may have encountered after constructing the barracks building and others are fixed and fixed with the update to today.
There is still a major and glaring issue to be addressed and I don’t see a way to make this happen until the expansions are released. Which is sad! Store content versus in-game items. Ubisoft continues to add new and crazy powerful armor and weapons to the Store. Most of them never appeared in Reda’s Shop and even when they do, it will take you weeks, if not months, to get a full package with this RNG system.
Ubisoft needs to tackle this problem as soon as possible if it is to keep the game healthy. We’re at a point where the in-game rewards and loot items are going to become fewer and much lower than what you can buy for real money from the Ubisoft in-game store.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla 1.1.1 Patch Notes
If you’re interested in reading the full and official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla 1.1.1 patch notes, I’ve got them below. The list is quite long, so take your time. In my preview above, I’ve only highlighted some of the biggest and most interesting changes, far from everything that’s to come in this patch.
Interestingly, this is also not a complete list of all the changes. As Ubisoft stated in its own site’s patch notes page, these are just “the most notable changes” coming in version 1.1.1.
UBISOFT CONNECT’S ACHIEVEMENTS ARE HERE!
Added in-game support for Ubisoft Connect Achievements to the game.
- Unlock the conditions for quest-related or non-repeatable achievements:
- Achievements where the unlock conditions have been met will appear when the player completes a new quest.
- Unlock the conditions for accounting / repeatable successes:
- Achievements will appear whenever the player performs an achievement-related action after the unlock condition.
- The Pulse animus will now highlight corpses only for necessary situations.
- Enemies can no longer be automatically pillaged using the throwing weapon perk.
- Improved AI detection when using disguise while dodging or while in the air.
- Added a reward to Death Stranding’s tribute.
- Quivers and Rations will now refill upon leveling up while depleted.
- White dots hinting at rations / adrenaline / arrow loot beyond the interaction range will no longer display when the player already has a max amount.
- Players will now be able to use “Wake up” at any time in Asgard. Previously, you had to complete the first quest.
- Daily quests will now reset whenever the game detects that it is not possible to continue or restart the quest. The quest can then be reactivated at the informant.
- Added text-to-speech to letters found in the game.
- Added previews to color blind and closed captioning options.
- Adjusted the damage dealt and values received for the Lost Wolf boss encounter to reduce friction when playing on Drengr difficulty
- Rebalanced initial damage inflicted with Harpoon Impalement Lvl 1/2.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Improved performance and stability.
GRAPHICS, AUDIO, ANIMATION
- Fixed various graphics issues.
- Fixed various clipping issues.
- Addressed various animation issues for NPCs.
- Fixed an issue that caused Dummies to shake when hit by a Poison Arrow. shake
- (SPOILERS) Added electricity to Mjolnir before picking it up.
- Fixed an issue where battle cries would repeat or loop weirdly.
- Fixed an issue where blowing the horn and starting to move with the left foot forward could sometimes cause Eivor’s feet to slide.
- (Photo Mode) Fixed an issue where zooming in on children with the camera in Photo mode distorted their faces.
- Fixed an issue where some Raven skins could be low res.
- (PS4) Optimization of some textures on PS4.
- Addressed a texture issue near Cicestre Abbey that caused players to desynchronize when stepping on the texture.
QUESTS, GLOBAL EVENTS, SIDE ACTIVITIES
- Addressed an issue in Legend of Beowulf where the clue marker would remain after investigating.
- Addressed an issue in A Sticky Situation where the NPC would sometimes not appear.
- Fixed an issue where the player could stay fishing in The Baker’s Complaint.
- Addressed an issue in the Fishing Lesson that under certain circumstances prevented players from completing the World Event.
- Addressed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck after engaging in Lincolnscire after returning from Vinland.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a boss fight during A Cruel Destiny. *Ah yes, a cruel fate, indeed. *
- Fixed an issue where some treasures were not in their locations or could not be looted. (Grandbridgescire, Hamptunscire, Oxenefordscire, Eurvicscire)
- Fixed an issue where players could receive an Online Service error when trying to save.
- Fixed an issue where players would get a black screen after building the Blacksmith.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive Storming the Walls after completing Severing the Lines.
- Addressed an issue in To Serve the Light where Hytham would get stuck on the boat while shooting arrows randomly into the water.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from interacting with NPCs in Settlements.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from completing clues and puzzles.
- Addressed an issue with the absence of an Ealdorman that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue where the quest objective marker would show a wrong destination in The Devil Has All the Best Pieces.
- Addressed an issue in War Weary that prevented players from completing the quest when Ceolbert was accidentally killed.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from starting the Daughters of Lerion encounter. (Goneril, Cordelia)
- Addressed an issue in Binding Fate that caused the boss to get stuck on a boulder.
- Fixed an issue where Estrid could get stuck in Taken.
- Addressed an issue in Pluck the Quill where players were sometimes unable to interact with Aelwyn.
- Fixed an issue in Binding Fate that caused the boss to get stuck underground when using Dive of Valkyrie.
- Fixed an issue in Price of Wisdom that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue in The Golden Nosed Boar where the Boar would sometimes disappear under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue in Bleeding the Leech where Erke would be in the wrong location.
- Fixed an issue in Of Blood and Bonds where players could not complete the quest or could not report to Randvi.
- Addressed an issue in The Prodigal Prince that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from completing the Mystery of the Ancient Cellar.
- Addressed an issue in A Rivalry for the Ages that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue where the Mari Lwyd disguise would not disappear after completing the Glowcestrescent arc. *everyone liked this point jpg *
- Fixed an issue in Road to Harmatia that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue where Knud could get stuck in A Little Problem.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from interacting with Ubba in Sons of Ragnar.
- Fixed an issue where Basim would fight with NPCs before Puppets and Prisoners started.
- Addressed an issue in Brewing Rebellion that prevented players from forcibly opening the door to the Longhouse in Buckingham.
- Addressed an issue in Bridges of Oppression that prevented players from completing the quest.
- (Spoiler) Fixed an issue in King Killer that prevented Ivarr from reaching the door to Rhodri’s chamber.
- Addressed an issue in A Fiend out of Hell that prevented players from examining one of the cows.
- Fixed various textures or misplaced objects.
- Fixed several cases where the player could get stuck.
- A stranded boat floating in Vinland.
GAMEPLAY, COMBAT, IA
- Addressed various behavioral issues for NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would sometimes return to a location they had fled from that was still under attack.
- Fixed an issue where whales would sometimes start their flighty behavior while in flight.
- Fixed an issue where archery would get stuck with M and K holding the SHIFT key.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be blocked from line of sight using Incendiary or Poisoned Traps with Predator’s Bow.
- Fixed an issue where guards would sometimes not react with hostility when watching Eivor burn their faction members with pots of oil. *I- uh too bad. To move on. *
- Fixed an issue where NPCs could be killed by throwing corpses at them in Vinland.
- Addressed an issue that removed Bjorn from the ship’s crew.
- Fixed an issue with the Mentor Set where the Equipment Perk would sometimes not activate even if 2-4 pieces were equipped.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from controlling the Raven when the Q or E buttons were assigned to one of the move actions.
ABILITIES, ADVANTAGES, SKILLS
- Fixed an issue where some ranged special abilities could be incorrectly used with guided arrows.
- Fixed an issue where an NPC would not leave Eivor’s side when Feign Death was used.
- Fixed an issue where several abilities would not work against hostile dogs.
- Fixed an issue where Man’s Best Friend would not unlock after completing the A Little Problem quest.
- Fixed an issue with the Mentor Set where the Equipment Perk would sometimes not activate even if 2-4 pieces in the set were equipped.
USER INTERFACE / HUD
- Addressed various UI / HUD issues.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of Arrows could get stuck at 12.
- Fixed an issue where UI language changes were not applied during combat.
- The camera will now be closer to the character when browsing tattoos in the Animus store.
- Fixed an issue where colorblind previews would sometimes not display in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where color blindness values were not applied to the Order of Elders menu.
- Fixed an issue where an empty area appears in the list of completed quests.
- Fixed an issue where fall damage could be negated by opening the menu just before hitting the ground.
- Fixed an issue where auto loot would not work when an enemy was knocked out.
- Fixed an issue where Raculf Monastery could not be attacked.
- Fixed an issue where some icons were missing for newly acquired God Favors.
- Fixed an issue where in-game News would not always load correctly.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players receiving incorrect items when purchasing Vegvisir (Front) or Muninn (Front) systems.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to acquire duplicate Asgardian Ship Projects.
- Added a respawn point just before the boss fight in Extended Family.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from traveling quickly after version 1.0.4.
- Added force trigger feedback for archery for Xbox / PlayStation controllers.
- (Stadia) Addressed an issue that prevented the recording time from reflecting local time.