Ubisoft is offering another major update for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.2.0 coming April 4 and supporting the second upcoming DLC and free quests Lost Tales of Greece. Most importantly, it introduces Gear Loadout functionality and fixes a ton of bugs with missions from both the original game and the first DLC!
Ubisoft is almost ready with the first episode of the second DLC The Fate of Atlantis – Fields of Elysium. It arrives on April 23 and patch 1.2.0 adds support. This probably means that we won’t be seeing any other game updates this month, making it the “April update” for the game.
The lost stories of Greece continue as usual with support for upcoming quests added in this patch as well. A small but useful change has been made that allows you to see these quests highlighted in the quest log now. In addition, if a quest from these series is not currently in your journal, it will still appear blue, as it should be, instead of white.
The best part of patch 1.2.0, for me at least, is the Gear Gearouts. This new feature allows you to switch seamlessly between prepared versions (uploads) on the fly. You will find the loading locations in the inventory, on the left side of your screen. Note that unlocking a new loading location will cause you to retreat a considerable amount of drachmas.
The best part of the patch notes lists a number of mission bug fixes and various other issues. If you have had a problem with a specific quest before and were unable to complete it for any reason, it is likely that this problem has been resolved now.
One of the most pressing problems of Update 1.1.4, when New Game Plus (NG +) was introduced, is now fixed. When you get a new legendary item, which is identical to an item you already own in the original game (usually cult and other reward weapons), the item will replace your old one, as it should be, instead of disappearing.
The size of the update is around 4 GB, with small differences for the three platforms for which it is available: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Below you can see the full patch notes.
- The legendary sword, Sika of Prometheus, now has a warrior engraving as expected.
- Fixed an issue that prevented master attributes from being upgraded.
- Players now take damage when the oxygen bar runs out.
- Players can now change the resolution modifier in 10% increments.
- The new points of view added with TU1.1.4 will now be automatically completed when the region has already been discovered.
- [PC] Added support for MSI Mystic Light.
DLC – The legacy of the first blade
- Fixed a visual issue with the reward for looting the three letters of The Last Magi.
- Fixed an issue in Smoke and Fury where a Persian NPC would not participate in combat.
Lost Tales of Greece
- Fixed an issue in Daughters of Lalaia where Thyia could sometimes be MIA in cutscenes when interacting with the Phokis magistrate.
- Lost Tales of Greece quests that are not followed will now appear in blue instead of white.
New game +
- Fixed an issue in New Game + where players could sometimes get stuck in the Forge.
- Uncollected Orichalcum nodes are now found worldwide in New Game +.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose items in New Game + by looting the same item at a higher level.
- The legendary upgrade in New Game + will no longer make the item higher than the player.
- Fixed an issue where a deserving friend could not be started in New Game +.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Myrrine from reaching her destination.
- Fixed various quest progression issues after killing and confirming the death of various NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where snakes would not be inside public baths in Enough Is Enough. Enough Whistling Enough.
- Fixed an issue in Moving On where the quest was complete when conditions were not met.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from upgrading their spear at the forge.
- Fixed an issue in Paint It Red where quest markers sometimes disappeared before reaching the destination.
- Fixed an issue where the wolf-crying city could not be completed because wolves did not breed. Where-wolf?
- Fixed an issue in Bare It All where players could not loot the amulet.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing the Speak No Evil subquest.
- Fixed an issue in The Doctor will now see you where players couldn’t process the quest after getting the tongs.
- Fixed an issue where Nikolaos would have a different hairstyle after the battle of conquest in Aristeus’ Last Battle.
- Fixed an issue where players would miss all of the main story quests after a loaded game save.
- Fixed an issue in Throw the Dice where quest items could sometimes be missing in the intended locations.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from interacting with the Sphinx or completing the Lore of the Sphinx quest.
- Fixed several issues where NPCs could sometimes die after a cut scene. A little too dramatic, don’t you think?
- Fixed an issue where the bearer of the eagle in The true bearer of the eagle, please stand up, may be killed by the player before speaking to him. Say it again but slowly?
- Fixed an issue in Ashes to Ashes that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Herodotus will no longer slip right after the dialogue ends in Regrets.
Character and AI
- Fixed several behavioral issues with lieutenants once they were assigned to Adrestia.
Adrestia and Naval
- Fixed an issue where enemy ships could exceed level 99.
- Fixed an issue causing the arches of Athena / Octopus to disappear.
Graphics, animations and audio
- Fixed some graphics issues that occurred in various regions.
- Fixed various lighting issues.
- Addressed various gear texture issues.
- Improvement of an animation when activating Rapid Fire in a squatting position.
- Fixed an animation issue with the Line’s Fury ability when attacked by another NPC.
- [PC] Fixed an issue where the game seemed washed out with FreeSync 2 enabled on HDR monitors.
Capabilities, benefits and engravings
- Increased invulnerability window at the end of Fury of the Bloodline.
- Fixed an issue where players could not use special combat and melee abilities under certain circumstances.
- Elemental resistance now works as expected and offers bonuses to the player based on the total value.
- The 20% discount on level S2 of the Hephaistos workshop is now correctly applied.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Crit Criticality at full health from working as expected with overpower attacks.
User interface, menu and subtitles
- Fixed various localization issues.
- Fixed various UI / HUD display issues.
- Fixed various lip sync issues.
- Fixed an issue with the Transmog system where the hidden object location did not work as expected under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with the Rod of Samothrace where his visual would not be available as a Transmog option.
- Fixed an issue where Aya’s Lieutenant would miss out on a legendary advantage after updating the title 1.1.4.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a double fade when accessing the Engraving section of a blacksmith.
- Fixed an issue where fast moves were grayed out.
- Fixed an issue that caused the error message to appear in the level 99 pop-up.
- Fixed an issue where the location of the Olouros Fortress is not marked as completed.
- Fixed an issue where the locations of graves would not be marked complete when activating the stele.
- The Tainaros pond is now marked as a point of historical interest.
- Fixed an issue where unused capacity points could be missing after updating the title 1.1.4.
- Fixed an issue that could arise when scrolling quickly between Mercenary levels.
- [PS4] Fixed an issue where PlayStation®Vita system controls overlapped with the capabilities menu.
- [PC] Fixed an issue where the Skip button during cut scenes has controller feedback when using M&K.
- [PC] Fixed an issue with the Benchmark tool where the Adaptive Quality option was not working.
- [PC] Fixed an issue with the HDR option that would be displayed as disabled upon activation after changing the graphics settings.