Ubisoft has brought the next game update to their Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Keeping promises and ambitious, the February patch brings yet another great selection of new content, features and bug fixes.
One of the most sought after features for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was the New Game Plus (NG +) mode. Ubisoft heard from the fans and promised to include it as soon as possible. The time has come. NG + is now part of the game since update 1.1.4, which was released on February 26.
New Game Plus lets you start a new game, but keep all of your progress except for the story. All of your mounts, level, gear, abilities and points, Uisoft Club items, store bought items – all will be back by your side if you start NG +. You can use your winnings Orichalcum also, because it is shared in an account.
Any items that you have already earned from Cultists, you will NOT earn them again in NG +. Instead, this item will be automatically upgraded to your current level. You will not have a duplicate of the item, but the old one you won from the normal game will be brought “for free” to your level.
You can select your difficulty and choose the one of the two protagonists you want. If you played with one of them the first time, you now have a great chance to check out the conversations and gameplay with the other. Although you can change the difficulty at any time in your game, you will again be stuck with your choice of character – Alexios or Kassandra.
To start an NG +, you must first complete Odyssey’s main storyline in normal play. This means that you must have completed the “Dinner in Sparta” quest. If you have already finished the game, you will see a gray star added to your save location indicating that you can now create a new game +.
NG + does not replace your current backup. It creates a copy on a new location. To start New Game Plus, follow these steps:
- Load your current backup location
- Make a new custom backup
- Open the main menu and click on New game +
Note that Ubisoft warns you – NG + is just for fun. There is no reward for completing the game in NG +.
You’ve probably checked the preview of the February update I did it a few weeks ago. Now that the patch is available and downloadable, let’s take a look at the full official patch notes!
The size is around 5 GB for all three platforms – PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Be warned, the release notes contain story spoilers.
Episode 3 Bloodline – Legacy of the First Blade
- Added in-game support for Bloodline.
Lost Tales of Greece
- Added support for upcoming Lost Tales of Greece, coming in March and beyond.
FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
NEW! – Added new Game + mode
- Players will be able to keep their current progress (equipment, mounts, spear improvements, ship upgrades, abilities, drachmas, crafting materials, etc.) when starting a new game +.
- To access New Game +, you must have completed the Family Quest Line.
NEW! – Adding frames to photo mode
- Adding a set of 10 frames to decorate your photos.
NEW! – Accessibility update
- Change the size of the subtitles
- Change backgrounds behind dialogs
- Activated: This will provide a background for the subtitles and the dialog.
Off: This will turn off the background of the subtitles and dialogs.
- Subtitles: this will activate a background for the subtitles only.
- Activated: This will provide a background for the subtitles and the dialog.
- The level of benefits available on a lieutenant obtained from Ubisoft Club and the store will now change according to the level of the player.
- Hard mode fights in the arena are now a little more difficult.
- Added option to hold down the respective key to increase the number of items faster.
- Improvement of certain aspects of the photo mode user interface to increase usability.
- Increased maximum player level to 99. NEW NEW.
- Added new ship levels to the game.
- Added more mastery levels.
- Added two levels and rewards for mercenaries.
- Adding 22 viewpoints that can be browsed quickly.
- Drachmae acquisition has been rebalanced across multiple sources
- Lowered drachmas earned with contracts.
- Increase in Drachmas earned with bonuses and battles of conquest.
- The acquisition of craft materials from naval sources has been rebalanced
- Added the ability to loot Iron Metal and Soft Leather from a sinking ship and loot floating loot.
- Amount of loot floating on the scale depending on the level of the player.
- Decreased chance of looting gemstones and obsidian glass from a sinking ship
- Increased amount of wood from the epic ship.
- The bonus for the Athenian hero set will be improved to give: all arrows pierce shields and + 30% hunter damage.
- Added a missing advantage to the ax of the epic blade champion.
- The cost of bonuses for top players at a high bonus level has been increased slightly.
- The Sky Crown will now increase the damage to swords, as expected.
- Fixed various issues with the Protector of Persia quest.
- Adjusted kinematics and modified certain dialogs in Shadow Heritage.
- Fixed various engraving and benefit issues.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from obtaining Nestor rewards under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the end of the Great Battle of Achaia before the exhaustion of enemy forces.
- Special lieutenants can be hired after several recruitments. Back at work, Misthios!
- Hephaestus declares that players will no longer be lit by candles or when they light braziers in tombs.
- Invisible mercenaries will no longer be easy to track when activating the Multi-Shot ability. Repeat this, but slowly.
- Rapid Fire will now work as expected on different types of NPCs.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from dealing damage when attacking with a melee weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the legendary “Pet Animals Deal Poison Damage” engraving was unlocked from the start.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to spawn on a building when they quickly reached Georgios’ range.
- The Daughters of Artemis will no longer be hostile to players after becoming their leader or provoking. Rollover avoided.
- Fixed an issue where Kallisto the Bear would leave the arena invincible.
- Patrols will no longer catch corpses made invisible with the Death Veil ability.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from getting off a horse while talking. Don’t ride and don’t talk, Misthios.
- Fixed an issue causing several sectarians to appear underground.
- Players will no longer be invaded by hordes of aspiring Centaur NPCs when entering cities for the first time.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from looting Orichalcum Fragments in multiple areas.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from purchasing items from Sargon if the item shared a name with one in their inventory.
- Fixed an issue that caused too many mercenaries to gather in Mykonos under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from remaining trapped in a room on Elais’ farm.
- Fixed an issue preventing new weekly contracts from appearing until reloading.
- Fixed various issues that could prevent Belos the Beast, Cyclops or Medusa’s minions from scaling up as expected.
- The Georgios crane can now be traversed quickly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from staying in the chiefs’ house in Keos.
- Players should now be able to complete Trachis Fort.
- Fixed an issue preventing Myrrine from going to her destination.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from advancing in She Who Controls the Seas.
- Fixed an issue that caused the lens to disappear from the Persian puppet under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from continuing to A Family Legacy.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from continuing We Will Rise.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from completing Prince of Persia under certain conditions.
- [SPOILERS] [MOTHER OF ALL SPOILERS] Fixed an issue in Ancient Revelations preventing players from killing Pythagoras.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Find and Save Actor goal to appear incorrectly in The Curse of Fame.
- Main quests now appear after completing the Unearth the Truth quest.
- [SPOILERS] Fixed an issue when awakening the myth preventing players from completing the Sphinx after defeating Stentor inside the arena.
- Fixed an issue during Heart for a Head where the quest item was not available in the player’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from triggering cutscene to complete A Fresh Start.
- [SPOILERS] The testikles will stay alive for players to pick up in Deliver a Champion.
- Fixed an issue during a good toast where an invulnerable NPC could be found in the leader’s house.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from starting more questions than answers if they were traveling quickly when the letter was open.
- The quest item located in the chest of Arktoi cave will now be available in Hard to Artemis.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from receiving the By the Fates quest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the On the Vine quest if they were killed when respawning.
- Fixed an issue where Nestor the Formidable’s ship would be destroyed by enemy ships.
- Fixed an issue preventing NPCs from pursuing their goal after saving or loading into Learning the Land.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Daughters of Artemis from remaining invincible after completing Daughters of Lalaia.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from interacting with Barnabas to complete A Night to Remember.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from completing Hunter Camps after completing Daughters of Artemis.
- Fixed an issue preventing Athenian ships from conflicting with the Adrestia during the Battle of Pylos.
- [SPOILER] Daphneas can now be killed in deep water during Artemis’ request.
- Fixed an issue preventing the legendary boar from dropping its skin during Daughters of Artemis.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from completing the weekly Poison in the Air quest.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from completing the weekly Burned Bodies and Broken Skulls quest.
- The Clear the Land for Athens contract will now be generated where the daughters of Artemis appear.
- Fixed an issue with the Ostraka Killer view.
Character and AI
- Fixed various animation issues with the NPC and the player character.
- Fixed an issue causing Mercenary pets to attack if players shot fire arrows at them. Also: please don’t shoot arrows at an animal, thank you.
- Resolving various inappropriate reactions from NPCs.
- Fixed various incorrect player controller actions.
- Using the reset option will now work as expected in photo mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused the depth of field to be disabled when using the left joystick when editing in photo mode.
- Fixed an issue in photo mode causing Bloom to be very dim.
- Fixed an issue that caused photo mode to flicker in certain circumstances.
Adrestia & Naval
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from boarding when prompted.
- Fixed an issue preventing the game from recording automatically when you enter open waters or call Adrestia.
- Increased Adrestia health regeneration rate when players are out of combat.
- Ship upgrade statistics will be properly reflected in the player statistics card.
- [PC] The Aim action toggle now works for naval combat.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from upgrading Adrestia.
- Fixed an issue where DLC lieutenants had to be reassigned manually.
Performance and stability
- Fixed various issues resulting in long load times.
- Fixed several freeze issues.
- Fixed a game crash when the kinematics of the Cyclops began.
- [PC] Fixed an issue that caused low FPS when using the latest Nvidia drivers on the GTX 1060 Max-Q GPU.
- [PC ] Addresses an issue that causes vibrations and unusual CPU usage on some laptops.
Graphics, animations and audio
- Fixed various graphics issues related to world objects.
- Fixed various lighting issues.
- Fixed various sound issues.
- Fixed various visual effects with weapons and outfits.
- Fixed various camera issues.
- [PC] Fixed a graphics issue that could occur if 8 GB VRAMs reached maximum capacity.
User interface, menu and subtitles
- Fixed various UI / HUD display issues.
- Text displayed incorrectly addressed.
- Fixed various dialogue issues.
- The “!” above the Inventory tab will now disappear once players have flown over the acquired items. To be pray.
- Recruiting enemy NPCs will no longer increase the quest objective counter if asked to “kill” enemies.
- When you use the All filter in the menu, the Chapter and Inheritance quests will be in order.
- Fixed an issue causing background flickering in the Options menu.
- Rewards for defeating mythical creatures will now be displayed in the quest description.
- Fixed an issue where the Transmogrification menu would not become available as expected in Level 8.
- Mercenary players at level S2 will benefit from a 20% discount on Hephaistos in the workshop, as expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from gaining ability points after reaching 207.
- Fixed an issue causing the 200 free Helix credits to disappear.
- [Spoilers] Fixed an issue preventing players from being rewarded with Abraxas horse hide when they reached the rank of level 1 mercenary.
- [PC] Correction of several processor and graphics processor calculation errors displayed in Performance Analyzer.
- [PC] Fixed an issue preventing players from scrolling through detailed stats with the mouse wheel.
- [PC] Fixed an issue preventing the HDR option from being applied correctly.
- [SWITCH] Added in-game store support on the Nintendo SwitchTM system.
Ubisoft Club, achievements and trophies
- Changed the description of the Lord of the Seas success to match the new progression.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Legacy of the First Blade achievements from unlocking.